West Java is just one of major provinces in Indonesia. Not simply recognized for its cool weather, the province, having its capital Bandung, has many attractive natural and cultural objects to go to. Listed here are five tourism objects you need to visit if you are in Bandung and it is surrounding.
1. Tangkuban Perahu Volcano. Tangkuban Perahu, a dormant volcano lies 25 km north of Bandung, is among the most popular tourism objects in West Java. You can hike or ride on the side of the volcano’s craters to find hot water springs where you can boil eggs there. There are three craters the volcano has: Kawah Ratu (Queen Crater), Kawah Domas (Domas Crater), and Kawas Upas (Upas Crater). Tangkuban Perahu volcano is closely associated with Sundanese folktale, Sangkuriang.
2. Angklung Performance. Angklung is among traditional instruments of Indonesia. The instrument is made of multiple sets of carved bamboo tubes attached to a framework of bamboo. In West Java, just about the most popular angklung studios is Saung Angklung Udjo which is located at the suburb of Bandung. The studio is belonged to renowned angklung musician Udjo Nalagena. Besides exhibiting daily angklung performance, Saung Angklung Udjo offers a workshop, handicraft center, and living museum that you should learn more about
3. Museum Geologi Bandung. This museum may be the largest and quite a few complete geological center in Indonesia. The museum that is found on Jalan Diponegoro was basically opened in 1929 with the Dutch colonial. With three major rooms (the geology of Indonesia, a brief history of life, as well as the geology of human life), there are approximately 60,000 fossils and 250,000 stones and minerals on show. Since 2006, the museum is opened free for visitors.
4. Ciater Hot Springs. Bathing in hot springs is known to help curing and relieving some ailments and illness for example rheumatic pains and skin problems. You can enjoy hot baths on the Ciater Hot Spring privately at lockable cubicles or communally on the public pools. The five hectare complex of Ciater Hot Springs now offers other attractions like riding horses, archery, and spa. For extended visit, you can stop at one of many available bungalows.
5. Gedung Sate. Literary means ‘satay building’ and it was established in 1920 as Gouverments Bedrijven (GB), Gedung Sate used to be utilized as the top office of West Java provincial government along with West java’s house of representative. Your building can be a landmark of Bandung which has distinguished small satay-shaped structure on its roof. Similar with Museum Geologi Bandung, Gedung Sate is also positioned on Jalan Diponegoro.